Thursday, April 27, 2006

Sound education in your pocket

I had the pleasure of attending the inaugural meeting for 'Sound education in your pocket' this morning. what is it? well I have found over the last 8 years if Mr Bernie Goldbach calls you up, you wont have time to work out what it is before you find yourself right there in the middle of it. I used to think it important to understand what I was getting myself involved in, well not with the other other BG or BFG to be exact. BTW Goldbach emailed me (i think spring 2001) to tell me about the "enclosure tag" and it was coming to RSS! so I checked it out......

From Bernie's blog: SEVERAL IRISH PODCASTERS got together today in The Clarence Hotel and discussed "sound education in your pocket". That's a conference topic at EdTech 2006 set for IT Sligo on 25-26 May. The Dublin coffee chat promises to evolve into a vidcast that will play on iTunes before the May conference which means the presentation will be generating international comments and qujesrions as its Irish audience watches it for the first time in Sligo.

This collaborative presentation explains the pedagogical, social, and technological merits of podcasting in formal education in Ireland. The contributions will shape this presentation into a broad coverage of the current state of "Podcasting in Ireland" as well as an introduction to podcasting for listeners. more >

trackback

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home