Monday, November 28, 2005

10:10 good buddy

it takes me all night, to do what I used to do all night (im the oldest swinger in town)

in 10 months I have recorded 10 personal podcasts, and in ten weeks I have recorded 10 Irish emigrant podcasts.

some observations on 10. the emigrant cast is 15 mins plus and production time is down from 2.5 hours to 1.5 hours. the personal cast is 40mins plus and the production time is static at twice the length of the show, but pre production on it has increased as the months have expanded.

the growth of a weekly versus a monthly is greater than a factor of 4, thus the more often you cast the wider a net you have. frequency converts into numbers. Can I do this without diluting the content, im sure I can. A daily 5 minute has more pull than a fortnightly 50 min cast.

I am seriously considering a daily, mon-fri 5-10 minute podcast which will most probably be experimenting over the long Christmas break. This will entail a max 100 minute production per week with 60 - 120 minutes (a week) pre production added. So if 3.5 hrs a week can be found, in Jan 2006 a daily episode with advance recording of 3-6 shows is in the offing.

10-10 is CB'ers code for "Transmission completed, standing by"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home